Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute needed skills to ongoing projections related to the analysis of data
- Apply statistical or mathematical methods and analysis
- Contribute to the development and writing of technical documentation of how methods were developed
- Cross train in other areas to support additional roles as needs arise
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
**Basic Qualifications for a Data Scientist 3 are a minimum of 3 years of direct relevant experience with a Master's degree.
**Basic Qualifications for a Data Scientist 4 are a minimum of 7 years of direct relevant experience with a Master's degree.
Must also meet the following:
1. Must possess a Master's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, psychology, or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical skills course work.
2. Must have experience using a statistical programming language such as R, Python, or Scala.
3. Must have programming experience in core languages (C# or Java).
4. Must have experience with accessing standard database formats (SQL, MongoDB, etc.).
5. Must have experience with distributed computing such as Hadoop.
6. Must have knowledge and experience in developing mathematical analysis or reporting statistical deliverables (datasets, statistical analyses, report tables, and graphics).
7. Must have the ability and willingness to rapidly develop a diverse skillset.
8. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
1. PhD in computer science, statistics, mathematics, psychology, or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical skills course work.
2. Research experience in psychology, especially research related to developing or validating assessments or the use of biometric sensors.