What We Need:
2K has been a major console and PC game publisher for several console generations and is known for bringing amazing IP to the market. As our games get bigger and more complex, we are growing our data science team. We’re looking for a skilled and passionate data scientist to work in the central Analytics team, who will be primarily focusing on console and PC games and be responsible with crunching data, translating that information into digestible reports, setting up dashboards, building predictive models, and giving actionable data and insights to our development, sales, live-ops and marketing teams.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with development teams to provide insights to understand the impact of product decisions on game quality, as the game moves through its development phases
- Analyze gameplay and economy telemetry data to understand how feature, content and balance adjustments are impacting overall player experience, before and after the product launches
- Analyze game and player data to understand the player behavior and suggest actions to improve the player experience
- Test acquisition, engagement and monetization strategies around our live service offerings, find opportunities to drive player engagement and monetization and support the live-ops team with actionable insights
- Use predictive modeling to establish behavior patterns that assist with player churn prediction, spend propensity and lifetime value
- Establish and distribute regular performance reports and dashboards to finance, marketing and production
- Performs ad hoc analyses regularly for finance, marketing, production and operations
- Present findings taken from data analysis both in person and in presentation form for remote groups
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
We’re looking for a Data Scientist who is eager to mine data for insights, hypothesis driven and experienced with using data-driven techniques to test the hypotheses rigorously. The ideal candidate must be able to see the underlying story in the data and develop a compelling communication to executives. Being a solution oriented, creative problem solver and self-starter with passion and enthusiasm to drive the results for meaningful changes are also going to be very critical for this role.
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering Sciences (or in another quantitative discipline) – Master’s or PhD Degree is a big plus
- 3+ years of experience in data mining & analytics with very large, complex and multi-dimensional data sets
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in use of one of the statistical software packages like R, SAS or Python machine learning modules
- Expert in relational databases, SQL and experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig or other NoSQL DBs
- Experience with columnar databases like Vertica and Redshift is a big plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools, Tableau preferred
- Programming experience in one of the languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, C, C++ or Java etc
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization – having the information is one thing, you must be able to disseminate and educate
- Video games industry experience is strongly preferred