Data Science Software Engineer
Wurl is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented data scientist with experience in machine learning and big data. Wurl’s position in the video and ad delivery ecosystem enables detailed performance and behavioral measurement that can be used to optimize multiple algorithms. We’re looking for a data science lead that can help sift the data, create machine learning processes, and optimize use of our (very interesting) data.
The ideal candidate is experienced with Agile processes, microservice architectures, python, SaaS concepts. Experience with OTT video, ad insertion processes, big data, SQL, scripting languages, versioning system (e.g. GIT), JIRA, Confluence, DataDog, Snowflake, AWS is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Contribute to Wurl’s data processing and machine learning initiatives.
- Identify quality metrics and data features.
- Build data models and prediction models.
- Contribute to Wurl’s ML frameworks.
- Drive A/B & multivariate tests and design of experiments to facilitate testing of new product and design features, with focus on improving engagement, retention, and conversion.
- 5+ years experience with python, other scripting languages, R, C++, SQL
- Highly effective communication skills and team player.
- Understanding of professional coding practices, versioning systems, bug tracking, agile processes, etc.
- Experience with SaaS offerings: AWS preferred. Containerization, serverless processes, microservice architectures, etc.
- Big plus: experience with OTT streaming formats (HLS, DASH), SSAI architectures, ad management architectures.
- Experience with AI, including building ML models using frameworks such as MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SparkML, scikit-learn.
- Using probability, statistics, predictive modeling, machine learning, or other quantitative methodologies to solve real-world TV delivery and advertisement problems.
- Data pre-processing, visualization and cleaning experience.