Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Data Science Platform Developer in NPD’s Analytic Solutions R&D team works with our developers, data assets, and users to implement scalable analytic solutions that delight our clients and drive their growth.
This role drives NPD growth by developing and improving analytics software capabilities that clients love, driving new sales and repeat business. This is a hands-on programming role, requiring working familiarity with the types of math and algorithms that power marketing analytics.
This role focuses on creating software to automate and deliver scalable marketing analytics solutions. You will be responsible for tasks related to development, testing, deployment, and support of our software applications and platforms, including:
- Partner with methodology developers to develop prototype-scale applications to test impact of alternative approaches to data preparation, modeling, simulation, etc.
- Design and develop data management, data integration, and other ETL workflows to feed applications
- Create stable, documented production code for data management (ETL), modeling, simulation, or optimization
- Develop APIs or other scalable platform connections to ingest and process data, to connect application engine components, to send model outputs to user interfaces, etc.
- Develop unit testing and integrated testing approaches to ensure quality
- Support user acceptance testing to ensure usability
- Collaborate with information security and infrastructure teams to align on architecture and manage deployment
- Collaborate with representatives of the user community to challenge, clarify, and improve user stories as they are sized and prioritized in our backlog process
- Manage selected product support activities
Skills and Other Requirements
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong priority setting
- Demonstrated record of creative problem solving
- 4+ years of relevant work experience developing analytics software
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with and mastery of Python for data analysis
- Experience developing and implementing ETL process, in Python or other programming languages
- Experience managing databases for analytics, including familiarity with SQL
- Comfort working in Linux environments for building, deploying, and scripting applications
- Working familiarity with math and data concepts used in marketing analytics (including forecasting; marketing effectiveness; price and promotion; assortment; and segmentation)
- Strong knowledge of technologies for data management, reporting, visualization, user interface, math algorithms, and security
- Experience with agile and waterfall project management approaches
- Strong code hygiene and documentation skills
- Comfort interacting with technical and non-technical audiences to solve problems and explain solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent