Data Science Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
We have partnered with a large Insurance company in the Madison, WI area to provide them with a Data Science Manager .
This position is responsible for overseeing the research, development, and analysis of advanced statistical models that support various areas of the business, such as pricing, marketing or underwriting. Oversees development of new analytical techniques and ensuring appropriate application. Oversees discovery of new insights and potential analytics applications through investigative research into large and complex datasets. Collaborates within the division and cross-divisionally to develop and integrate statistical models into various processes. Monitors industry trends in analytics and investigates new concepts, ideas, and data sources. Responsible for management of the on-going portfolio of analytical engagements as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience communicating business implications of complex data relationships and results of statistical models to multiple business partners.
- Demonstrated experience formulating, approaching, and solving problems in massive, complex datasets.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and use of appropriate presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with business clients and partnering with business stakeholders to create solutions.
- Demonstrated experience performing advanced statistical analysis, including generalized linear models, decision trees, neural networks, etc., to discover business insights and develop predictive models.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical and modeling software tools, such as SAS or R.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- MSdegree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering Actuarial Science or related field or equivalent designation, such as Fellowship of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical or research experience in consulting or similar role.
- 2+ years of exp. managing a team of data scientists.
- A successful history of translating business objectives and problems into analytic problems, and analytic solutions into actionable business solutions.
- Prior experienceapplying AI methods/technologies to InsureTech/FinTech problems such as Fraud modeling, IoT/Telematics, etc., a plus.
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner.
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn