Decision Science at Glassdoor
The Decision Science team drives data-driven strategy and decision-making across the company through predictive analytics, proactive analyses, testing and optimization. We empower our partners with NoSQL data sources to self-serve on reporting, ad-hoc analyses and exploratory analysis, which helps keeping us focused on the high priority strategic business questions! We drive product prioritization and inform business strategy by developing a deep understanding of our users and clients. We partner with leaders across Product, Marketing, Business Operations and Sales.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a small and efficient team of data scientists to help optimize our job search experience [ UX, Search, personalization and matching]
- Analyze customer demographic and behavioral big data to derive and develop and optimize targeted segmentation strategies
- Apply advanced statistical tools to determine the incremental impact and return on investment of our offline and online marketing efforts
- Define detailed data requirements and prioritize them with the Data Engineering team and ensure that data solutions developed are intuitive and meet the needs of the business users.
- Support shaping the long-term road map for the B2C jobs product teams by ensuring data needs are considered as part of the product development process
- Independently identify and bring industry best practices to life
- Drive deep and holistic understanding of our users, for example:
- What drives users engagement?
- What are the drivers of repeat visits?
- What is the optimal frequency and relevancy threshold for job alerts?
- What is the LTV of a user across various channels?
- Which new features and products should we be working on?
- Generate a number of hypothesis and inform decision making for all these questions.
- 5+ years of quantitative experience, ideally in a marketing function of an Internet company
- 1+ years of management experience [ preferably 2+ years of mentoring experience ]
- Track record in building great relationships with partners and presenting actionable analyses that led to meaningful business impact
- Expert level usage of SQL or Hive
- Experienced with coding in R, Python or Pyspark and using Machine Learning or regressions to explain and predict business outcomes
- Thorough knowledge in statistics and experience with ideating, designing and analyzing A/B tests
- Strong visualization skills and experience with BI tools (ex. Tableau).