$150K — $200K *
With a suite of fully-integrated applications powered by cloud-based healthcare software, PointClickCare leads the way in helping care providers connect, collaborate, and share data within their network. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving a large, diversified customer base across the acute, ambulatory, post-acute, and payer spectrum. Over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals use PointClickCare today.
Collective Medical is looking for a Data Science Manager to support leading the data analysts and data scientist who support our Data Science team analytics for our software product. Working with their Data Science team, the Data Science manager will be responsible for analytic researching of potential product features, supporting pilot programs to test features, then measuring outcomes of products and features as they launch. The Data Science Manager will collaborate will all levels of the organization, provide leadership to their direct team and propose innovative and unique approaches to utilize healthcare data to resolve challenges within our business environment.
The Data Science Manager will:
● Lead a high-performing, high-throughput team of 3-5 talented data analysts and data scientists, while driving professional development goals of the team
● Visualize data to develop a better understanding of our product usage data for our product team
● Create and maintain dashboards and other reporting tools to identify trends using data to drive the business to action
● Understand and use the data warehouse and relational databases
● Ensure accurate quality for deliverables by working with peers for appropriate levels of quality assurance
● Design, construct, install, test, and maintain highly scalable data management systems
● Develop and maintain a mature Python codebase to standardize and extend ETL processes in support of data modeling, mining and warehousing needs
● Design and populate new production tables for efficient storage and access
● Support research opportunities for acquisition and integration of new data sources
● Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
● Design and maintain the architecture and operation of a datamart supporting emerging product, finance, and data science requests
● Contribute high quality work as an individual contributor in addition to management duties
● Develop scheduling and automation functions to support internal and external customers ● Respond to ad hoc analytic requests from internal and external customers
Who you'll work with:
The Data Science Manager will work closely with the Data Engineering and Product teams, along with additional stakeholders in supporting our software and client efforts to improve care coordination.
What you'll be doing day to day:
● Interface with business customers, gathering requirements, and collaborating with team members to propose solutions that meet customer needs
● Consulting with product regarding success metrics for each product feature
● Building metrics and Tableau dashboards to track the success of product features at launch
● Researching impact of new ideas to help prioritize areas of focus
● Developing and maintaining product and user dashboards for internal and external audiences
Skills and experience we're looking for:
● Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in data science, analytics, mathematics, statistics, public health, economics, social, social science, or actuarial science. Master's degree or PhD preferred.
● 7+ years of related Data Science work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, scope projects, identify proper resources, prioritize tasks, realistically estimate work
● Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
● Experience managing Data Science staff
● Proficient with data mining and visualization tools such Python, R, SAS, Java, Tableau, Power BI as well as querying languages (SQL, etc.)
● Proficient creating complex SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data mining purposes.
● Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Ability to meet deadlines, work with tight schedules, and manage multiple priorities under minimum supervision
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong at documenting data sources and analytic models
● Strong analysis skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Previous healthcare related industry experience a plus
Get Ready for Your Interview!
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Valid through: 4/27/2021