LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways noother company can. We’re much more than adigital resume – we transform lives through innovative products andtechnology.
LinkedIn’s Analytics team leverages data to empowerbusiness decisions through data-driven tools, metrics, and insights that ultimately drive the company’s monetization efforts. We’re looking for a creative and technical leader who is passionate about turning data into insight.
This person will work closely with business partners, product managers, engineers, and ourinfrastructure teams to provide actionable recommendations and create new tools to drive sales ofLinkedIn’s enterprise solutions. A successful candidatewill be both technically strong and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact through creative storytelling.
• Lead a team of high-performing data science professionals in a hands on technical capacity.
• Act as a champion for a data-driven culture, evangelizing best practices both withinLinkedInand among the local and global data science community.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as ongoing operational activities.
• Drive meetings and lead discussions. Craft compelling stories and make logical recommendations.
• Prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals.
• Guidearchitectures, data models, and engineering best practices.
• Form a team vision and strategy.
• Coach team members and grow the skills of the team.
• BA/BSDegree in aquantitative discipline:statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering,appliedmathematics, economics, etc.
• 2+yearsexperiencein managing analytics teams.
•8+years of industryexperiencein analytics or engineering
•Experience with large scale data ecosystems,Hadoop andassociatedlanguages, MPPDatabases, and Data Engineering.
•Experience with SQL and at least oneother programminglanguage (e.g. Python, R, Java).
• 3+yearsexperiencein managing analytics teams.
• 10+years of industryexperiencein analytics or engineering
•Experiencein Python or Java and working with large datasets
•Experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, and data/text mining.
• Advanceddegree in aquantitative discipline:statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering,appliedmathematics, economics, etc.
• Expertise inappliedstatisticsin at least one statistical software package
• Ability to translate high-level business objectives into actions.
• Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex • problems to different types of audience, including executives