Tumblr is seeking a manager well-versed in statistical analysis and algorithm design, ready to be let loose on Tumblr’s many terabytes of data.
What You'll Do:
- Experiment with big data, big systems, and big challenges with an extraordinarily small and talented team
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities for user growth
- Empower each team to make data-driven decisions independently
- Build key data set and user behavior models to empower exploratory analysis and influence product/business decisions
- Work with the Director of of Data Science, Analytics to set goals and key metrics
- Influence product decisions through data analysis while spreading best analytics practice toproduct teams
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in quantitative field strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with very large datasets of varied levels of structure.
- Experience managing a team of Product Analysts
- Must have Python experience
- Knowledge of SQL skills against large datasets.
- Proven quantitative skills, ability to think analytically, and strong attention to details.
- Experience vetting product ideas by forecasting business impact
- Experience using multiple models and methods for measuring, analyzing, and reporting onuser interaction data.
- Extensive experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience extracting data and deriving insights to facilitate product development
- Experience with user growth and retention in an Internet-based company a plus
- An effective manager and communicator who can articulate a clear direction for the team, set expectations for performance, and foster a positive working environment
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach.
- Ability to work with APIs in Python a plus (e.g. Google Analytics, Tumblr).
Tools We Use:
- SQL, HQL, Python
- Hive, MySQL
- Tableau, Flask
- Google Sheets, Excel
- Git, Jira
Other Tools We Like:
- Jupyter, Luigi
- Pandas, Scikit-learn