We are seeking experienced members to join the MedPro Group who are passionate about using data to solve business problems. As part of a newly developed Data Science team, you will work with our Cloud Architect to design and build out the AWS data pipeline to fuel the company along its digital journey. In this role, you will utilize a vast amount of data to help develop a deep understanding of underwriting risk and volatility of medical malpractice claims, and build common analytic platforms across our diverse businesses. You will also serve as the expert for building the infrastructure for data science project rollouts and function as the link between IT and Data Science.
You will have an impact on patient safety and the quality of the millions of procedures performed annually by the 200,000+ MedPro Group insured healthcare providers. This position reports to the Operations Leader and is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing team with high visibility.
What We Look For:
- This is a new department with a fast growing team. We are looking for self-starters interested in growing with the department with a strong desire to see projects from beginning to end. Expect a startup-style environment with close collaboration between Data Science teammates and the business.
- We have a large number of potential projects in pricing/underwriting, claims, digital marketing, security, and R&D. As a result, we find that driven and genuinely curious people thrive here (not what but why). Expect to be involved with multiple projects, with timelines from days to months. We desire candidates who can accomplish tasks without extensive direction.
- Our colleagues have diverse backgrounds; as such, candidates must be comfortable in an environment of whiteboard sessions to bounce ideas around on experiment design and approach, among both on-site and remote teammates. Plan on working closely on a diverse number of Data Science initiatives, transforming the company direction.
What skills you need:
Software & Cloud Design:
- A strong history working throughout the complete development lifecycle, from idea to execution.
- Solid coding experience in various programming or scripting languages such as Python, Pyspark, Scala, R and/or Shell scripting. NOTE: We WILL be doing (short) programming tests in Python (or others).
- Experience optimizing and performance tuning ‘big data' data pipelines and data sets with distributed technologies (e.g. Spark, Hive, or Pig).
- You have a history of building and interacting with SOAP/RESTful APIs.
- Exposure in engineering (commercial or open-source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures, CI/CD DevOps toolchain (such as Jenkins, AWS Code PipeLine).
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets. We are an AWS/Python shop, so be comfortable manipulating data in Python.
- Proficient in designing and building efficient and robust ETL workflows for both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
Model Deployment, Hosting & Production Support:
- Experience maintaining production systems (preferably Object Data Storage, Apache Spark, NoSQL DB, various Machine Learning services, etc.).
- Close interaction with both the Data Scientists and Data Warehouse team to deploy emerging technologies to all areas of the business.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, a record of accomplishment of continued learning is preferred./li>
- 3+ years of technical experience with the above qualifications.
Additional preferred experience
- Experience working on the AWS (or similar) platform.
- Infrastructure as a Service exposure.
- Docker/container orchestration experience.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and profit sharing.
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching fully-vested on day one.
- Continued education support and conference attendance.
- On-site facilities (Catered, discounted meals, gym, yoga studio, and a competitive table tennis atmosphere).