Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at an industry leading HealthCare provider.
Corporate IT is actively searching for an experienced hands-on IT Director, Data Sciences and Custom Solutions. In this role you will leverage your significant clinical and informatics skills to develop innovative applications that use diagnostic lab data and deliver insights, via intuitive informatics solutions, to our internal and external customers. These include our vast provider network including hospitals, health systems, value-base care organizations, patients, payers and corporate functions such as Sales & Marketing, RCM, Corporate Ops, IT, etc.
This role is part of a recently formed team within Corporate IT and you will have overall responsibility for the development of applications utilizing advanced analytical techniques such as machine learning and statistical modeling. You will work closely with company-wide Senior Leadership to champion informatics-based innovation efforts and execute a prioritized roadmap of experiments that take advantage of business opportunities.
Your ability to interpret highly specialized terms and data, and present derived insights, visually and orally, to others with different areas of expertise, will be key to your success.
In this role you will manage a team of statisticians, developers and domain experts. Your team will use agile development methods to quickly iterate through prototypes to generate actionable insights in a time-sensitive and secure environment. You will coordinate all aspects of defining and delivering products that leverage Labcorp's corporate and clinical data as well as third party data sources.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live longer and healthier lives" every day.
- Passionate enthusiasm for empowering customers with analytical tools to improve processes and products based on lab data.
- Work with customers, business users and data scientists to develop a prioritized list of innovative data product ideas and bring these ideas to life.
- Prototype ideas with a fail-fast mindset to gauge feasibility to bring it to market.
- Be intimately familiar with industry trends affecting the diagnostic laboratory ecosystem and propose novel analytical solutions that leverage LabCorp's strengths and make our products sticky.
- Choose appropriate technologies when prototyping products such that we retain the ability to scale the prototype once the experiment is successful.
- Develop traditional supervised and unsupervised analytical models (Regression, Decision Tree, Clustering, Segmentation, PCA/SVD, Mixture Modeling, and Expectation Maximization).
- Build and grow the existing data science team by attracting, hiring, onboarding and retaining top talent.
- Manage individual talent and performance on the data science team.
- Vendor management activities including setup of agreements, statements of work, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge in:
- Agile software development methodologies and how they can be applied to data science teams.
- Peer reviews of analysis and insights generated by the team.
- Visualize the results of complex data analysis to communicate insights effectively.
- Quantitative tools such as R, SAS, Python,
- Familiarity with advanced data science platforms such as tensorflow, Azure ML, etc.
- 10+ years of healthcare industry experience.
- Doctorate in a quantitative or computational field and/or a Medical Degree from accredited university with continued licensure by State Board.
- 5+ years management experience building and leading a cross-functional team to develop customized analytical applications.
- Strong statistical background with working knowledge of R, Python and SAS.
- Prior experience with predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Solid experience working with very large data sets stored in modernbig data systems and expertise with SQL.
- High level organizational and product management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely fashion.
- Candidate must flourish in a fast paced, iterative, deadline driven environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills are critical to success.
Requisition Number 17-83441