At Slalom, Data Science Consultants work on a variety of advanced analytics projects for our clients. Our Data Science Consultants bring a deep level of analytic and statistical experience to solve our clients most critical business challenges. At Slalom, we are focused on helping our clients gain the most insight and value from their data using the latest analytic techniques in the areas of neural networks, deep learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing just to name a few. We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist looking to apply their skills to a wide variety of challenging business problems.
Job Title: Data Science Consultant
- Leverage your applied knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods to analyze and solve for a variety of data-centric business challenges across a diverse set of industry contexts.
- Build competency and expertise within our client's industry, business model and key business processes in order to prescribe data science methods and approaches that will be deployable and usable, and drive the desired business outcomes.
- Effectively conduct interviews with client stakeholders to understand heuristics and to derive the proper business and data contexts for any solutions that you develop.
- Identify and synthesize new use cases for clients to use their data and data science methods to create a competitive advantage.
- Deliver projects using the Slalom methodology for data science, produce detailed project documentation and contribute to the consulting knowledge base.
- Produce and deliver presentations on project findings and results that are suitable for a variety of technical audiences from peer data scientists, to business executives with limited analytical skills.
- Mentor and educate clients and peers on data science methods and best practices.
- Research and remain up to date on emerging machine learning methods, algorithms, tools and use cases, and seek to apply them to your clients' benefit.
- 3+ years designing and building data science applications in a real-world business context, including classification, prediction, clustering and segmentation, market basket analysis, text mining and topic modeling, recommendation engines and many others.
- Hands-on experience with statistical and data mining software packages (e.g. Python - SciPy, NumPy, Pandas, SciKit-Learn, R, Alteryx, SPSS, SAS, etc.) and a knowledge of a variety of statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms as well as their practical application.
- Experience or exposure to optimization methods, linear programming and other forms of mathematical modeling is a plus.
- Experience deploying predictive models into closed-loop or automated business with process or in a real-time context is a plus.
- Exposure to a variety of machine learning frameworks and distributed computing architectures (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience in applying design thinking / experience design methods for data science is a plus.
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations and explain abstract concepts to all levels of stakeholders.
- An advanced STEM degree (PhD or MS) is preferred.
- Must be certified in either AWS or GCP