Reporting directly to the VP Product, this is a hands-on leadership role. You’ll start as a high-impact, high-visibility individual contributor; the right candidate will have the opportunity (if desired) to help build out a data science organization as True Link scales.
What You'll Do
- Lead our end-to-end data science and analytics capabilities, from data telemetry to pipeline & warehousing design to insight generation
- Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to design & implement a performant data and analytics stack, including both transactional and event data
- Drive advanced analysis to identify key areas for product, marketing, and business investment
- Collaborate with our business and product leadership teams to help define critical KPIs and areas of focus
- Accelerate a culture of data-driven decision making by empowering the broader True Link team with access to great self-service tools for accessing & analyzing data
Who You Are
- This is a senior IC role, although the ideal candidate will also help build out True Link’s future data science team. Strong candidates have 5-7+ years of analytical/data-focused professional experience, with bonus points for related academic experience (e.g. BS in statistics, math, or engineering, and/or MS in statistics, data, or information systems).
- We expect this candidate to demonstrate leadership across multiple fronts:
- Technical Leadership
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate deep technical experience across the data lifecycle, from telemetry to data warehousing to insight generation. These include demonstrated expertise with:
- Data collection (telemetry) best practices, including instrumenting for both transactional and event data
- Expertise designing performant data architecture, including practiced understanding of best practices for data warehousing & ETL pipelines
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including using tools like SQL and scripting languages (python and/or R)
- Insight Generation
- In addition to technical data skills, the data lead will demonstrate expertise in helping us understand which questions to ask in the first place.
- This includes both the application of common analytical frameworks (like cohort analysis, growth accounting, and funnel optimization) and ad hoc deeper-dive analyses that may require a variety of techniques, including more statistical and machine learning-driven approaches.
- Communication & Collaboration
- The data lead will also excel at cross-functional collaboration, including direct partnership with business line and functional team leadership. They will also help build a culture of data-driven decision making at True Link, including by broadening self-service access to data across the company.
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- Customer obsessed, mission driven, and high growth
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We’re a fast-growing fintech company with real revenue, backed by $50M in venture capital from some of the best investors around, including Khosla, QED, and Initialized
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
- Want to work remote longer-term? We also have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.