The Data Science / Analytics Specialist is a vital role in our Business Advisory services division leading the charter of driving new analytics solutions and revenue growth within their respective channel or industry vertical. The Data Science / Analytics Specialist is focused on driving the though leadership and problem formulation in close partnership with Sales driving critical capabilities to enable business optimization for the end customers. The Data Science / Analytics Specialist is responsible for gaining a deep understanding of the customers' business challenges, determining where Dun & Bradstreet's analytic solutions can provide value, proposing the best solution(s) to meet customer needs and creating a compelling customer success business case. This Data Science / Analytics Specialist position is focused on West US region focused ~200 high opportunity customers to help drive analytics solutions and business strategy consulting.
Key Responsibilities for the Data Science / Analytics Specialist
- Drive meaningful customer value and sustained YOY growth driving new Dun & Bradstreet's Analytic solutions to customers and prospects
- Drive new analytic business through demand creation, opportunity qualification, solution identification and value enablement.
- Actively identify and develop new business opportunities within a relatively small number of existing and new accounts
- Conduct business based conversations to identify stakeholders, business process, KPI's and critical success factors around an opportunity
- Establish strong relationships with C-level and senior executives of clients and prospects within all functional areas of the business with the objective of driving greater value and business impact of our analytic solutions
- Achieve aggressive growth objectives within the fast-growing analytics marketplace
- Evangelize Dun & Bradstreet's analytic solutions to customers, internal partners, and the marketplace
- Serve as a customer advocate to influence innovation roadmap and customer support initiatives
- Participate in industry and company sponsored events and panels to further demonstrate thought leadership of D&B within this space
- Leverage use cases, best practices, and application knowledge to develop thorough ROI analyses for client.
Key Requirements for the Data Science / Analytics Specialist
- Demonstrated deep expertise and knowledge in the business application of analytics across various disciplines (risk, marketing, supply, etc.)
- Strong analytic skills – model usage and validation, data analysis and strategy design
- Experience within R, SPSS, PL/SQL, Hadoop, Python highly preferred
- Results oriented, self-starter who is able to effectively influence across multiple role levels, drive priorities and own outcomes in a matrixed environment
- Ability to problem solve and clearly communicate alternative solutions that map to our core analytics assets and solve the customers' business needs
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus (Data Science Degree preferred)
- 5+ years of analytics development and strategy development experience
- Proven track-record of success in a team selling environment
- Demonstrated ability to gain deep understanding of customers goals and objectives and in turn develop and carry vision through the organization
- Ability to provide clear, precise and effective communication in written and verbal format to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to identify new opportunities with existing customers (many of whom already buy multiple D&B solutions)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, planning and problem-solving skills
- 25% - 50% travel
- This position could be located in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco (Bay Area), Dallas, Los Angeles, or Sacramento.