The Business Intelligence (BI) Data Science and Analytics Manager is responsible for managing the performance of a diverse team of BI Analysts and BI Data Scientists in delivering highly technical and high impact work products that touch all aspects of Cable One. This position is a key partner to business leaders by providing BI best practices that will directly impact sales, marketing, product, and overall business performance.
- Creates, deploys, and continuously improves lasting scalable solutions in Azure Machine Learning and other advanced analytics platforms.
- Facilitates knowledge sharing with our tools and partners with other department resources to provide access to and drive adoption of our Azure data ecosystem.
- Drives our Power BI catalog towards a self-service model and partners with key stakeholders to ensure that dashboarding evolves to meet the dynamic needs of the business.
- Answers the business’s critical questions and leverages extensive data mining and analytical rigor to bring confidence to business recommendations.
- Actively advocates for data-driven changes and seeks opportunities to produce more efficient business practices and executes on those ideas.
- Guides dashboard design and continuous improvement in Power BI for primarily executive audiences. Acts as the storytelling expert and trains others to the same standard.
- Supervisory duties: this position is directly responsible for managing 6 non-supervisory associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, training associates; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Cultivates, pursues and promotes a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growths.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s (MS or MSE) degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Management, or related technical field required; a minimum of 2 years of management experience in Business Intelligence or similar technical field preferred. Experience preferred in leading and developing a team of highly skilled data professionals with advanced degrees in analytical disciplines. Additional education or training may substitute for experience.
- Experience with SQL and simulation software is required.
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience required in leading and developing a team of highly skilled data professionals with advanced degrees in analytical disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to complement analytical, optimization, and data modeling capability is required.
- Must have excellent business acumen and expert data storytelling skills.
- One or more of the following Microsoft certifications are stronglypreferred:
- 70-779 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel
- 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- 70-475 Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions (or DP-100)
- 70-774 Perform Cloud Data Science with Azure Machine Learning (or DP-200, 201)