allagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Tasked with leveraging company and external data to develop predictive models and other insights that provide business leaders with suggestions for revenue and process optimization, role incumbent(s) will define business problems and identify the data needed to solve problems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Independently developing predictive models, leveraging internal and external data, to optimize sales performance, customer experience, and marketing spend
- Building models in Azure, and working with the team to ensure any business-accepted models can be moved into production
- Coordinating with business analysts and data engineers to gather data for analysis
- Leading testing of data quality and completeness for modeling attributes.
- Produces written reports and recommendations for internal consumption, including problem statement, methods, interpretation of findings, and business implications.
- Provides ad-hoc support to internal clients for data mining and other analytics.
- Degree in quantitative field, such as data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics.
- 3 years of experience using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that influence company decision-making.
- Proficient with building data pipelines from larger data sets.
- Excellent problem solving skills as well as critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SQL and R or Python.
- Experience with cloud tools and structures, preferably Azure.
- Experience with distributed data and computing tools: MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- Continued interest in further building mathematical and programming skills.
- A background in insurance, insurance brokerage, or financial services desirable.
- Pursuit of a Master's or PhD in quantitative field, such as data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics.
- Good communication skills to provide highly technical, analytical assessments to team lead