At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
U.S. Bank is seeking a Data and Reporting Analyst
with strong SQL experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role the Data and Reporting Analyst will be responsible for providing data solutions to the Customer Experience & Employee Experience Performance and Insights team as well as support to Operational Controls organization, which supports U.S. Bank's Retail Payment Solutions (RPS) Operations business (Fraud, Disputes, Card Member Services, Card Issuance, Underwriting).Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform data extraction and data manipulation for Quality Control testing and Issues Management teams. This includes researching and locating data populations, development of code to gather and review data, as well as execution and maintenance of reporting capabilities for ongoing test processes.
- Perform data extractions for use in gaining insight to customer and employee experience metrics.
- Automate report and test activities via schedulers, outlier reporting, and/or macros; which validate fixed field information from source systems or databases.
- Work with various teams in support of remedial alternatives to technology dependent solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate with partners in Risk, Compliance, Legal, Credit Operations, Fraud, Cardmember Services, and Technology & Operations (TOS) integration.
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience in data management activities
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Proven experience with SAS, SQL, Visual Basic, macros, and other similar programming and data management toolsets used to extract and manipulate information from a variety of production systems and/or database sources
- Deliver output to users in required formats, identifying and correcting data anomalies
- Automate extraction and delivery of information for optimal efficiency
- Respond to and prioritize new data requests from partners in Quality Control, Audit and Issues Management, Relationship Management and Functional Areas.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of data portfolio and related capabilities; including proper design and execution of frequent extracts relied upon by Quality teams.
- Support break fix activities for tools utilized by Quality teams; including triaging problems with Technology and Operations organization, Data Warehouse teams, and other data source owners.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Thorough knowledge of project management activities and techniques.
- Strong experience managing, designing, and delivering against high level and low level design business requirements
- Intermediate to Advanced coding experience
- Proficiency with design and development of SharePoint and data sharing tools
- Familiarity with products/services, systems, and associated controls; Understanding of the applicable regulations, laws, and other business requirements the area must comply with.
- Solid understanding of quality control/process improvement tools, deciphering data anomalies and statistically significant events.
- Task oriented with ability to manage deadlines effectively
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visitingusbank.com/careers.EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.E-Verify
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about theE-Verify program.