The Data Quality Senior Analyst will be responsible for working as part of the Enterprise Data Governance team to integrate, build and cleanse data that align with the business overall goals. Will be responsible for working with large and varied data sets from multiple data sources in order to develop and conduct data quality analysis in coordination with business stewards and technology. The Data Quality Senior Analyst will assist the Enterprise Data Governance teams and stewards to implement Data Quality solutions and should have advance knowledge in data quality management, extensive expertise in full development cycle and be proficient in the use of Data Quality tools, such as Pandora, IDQ, etc. The DQ Senior Analyst will examine complex data and make decisions based on data profiling and business rules, and turn it into information and insight for the Data Stewards, who will to assess the results to improve the quality of the data and perform issues remediation steps as needed.
- Implement and evaluate data quality management standards to support the operationalization of Enterprise Data Governance Policies and standards
- Perform data discovery and profiling across existing and new data sets to assess whether metadata accurately describes actual values, data quality, and conformance to standards and patterns
- Coordinate with Data Stewards to analyze data profiling results, and provide recommendations for modification or creation of business/technical rules based on data results
Knowledge & Experience:
- 7-10 plus years of experience focused on data quality, data validation or testing
- Experience in Enterprise Data Management and Data Governance programs, Data Quality standards, guidelines and best practices
- Experience with data governance and data quality tools/technologies, such as Collibra, Pandora, IDQ, etc. and integration processes
- Experience writing and running SQL queries; experience working with big data preferred
- Experience working with various data types, such as client, transaction, financial accounting, risk, compliance, market, etc.
- Working knowledge of investment, retirement, benefits business terms and concepts
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and high level of proficiency with Excel
- Working knowledge of large-scale data integration and implementation processes
- Capable of working independently and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working with senior data stewards, business/IT/Operations SMEs
- Experience with data issue management & resolution would be nice to have Knowledge
- Experience in various dimensions of data quality, critical data elements, business glossaries, data dictionaries
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.