We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Quality Lead in our Calgary office reporting to the VP, Data Strategy. The Data Quality Lead is accountable for defining enterprise data quality standards and establishing KQIs that are achieved and maintained.
The successful candidate will play a key role in achieving the data strategy vision of enabling the company to use data as a game-changing asset by driving improved data access and quality across the organization. The Data Quality Lead is a recognized expert in data quality, regulation and accessibility requirements and strong influencer who engages with all levels of the organization to share and achieve adoption of data quality best practices.
Estblishes and manages Data KQIs across the enterprise to ensure data quality is established and maintained
• Sets and approves data KQIs & SLAs, with input from the Data Governance Lead
• Conducts data quality audits against KQIs as per policies; proactively raises data quality issues and facilitates corrective actions
• Ensures that data quality process controls are automated to reduce administrative burden
• Ensures that audit recommendations are followed through and implemented effectively
Ensures enterprise data cleansing strategy and roadmap are executed, partnering with owners of the source systems to ensure data quality issues are fixed at the source
Interfaces with data users, data owners, and data stewards to monitor data quality
• Designs and conduct trainings for local Data Stewards on policies, processes & tools
• Collaborates with local Data Stewards to maintain KQIs
Supports the creation of a data-centric culture at Shaw
• Serves as the data quality subject mater expert; train and share best practices on tracking and resolving data quality issues, including the use of relevant data tools
Required Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Attributes:
• A university degree in engineering or computer science or a related discipline, a Masters degree in a technical field is an asset.
• A minimum of 10 years of related experience.
• Experience designing, measuring, and modeling data KQIs within an enterprise setting.
• Detailed understanding of data quality impact, data regulation and data accessibility requirements.
• Exposure to and hands-on experience with enterprise data quality solutions (e.g. Informatica, IBM, Oracle, Talend and equivalents)
• Detail oriented and thorough individual who is also pragmatic and practical.
• Strong communication, conflict management and negotiation skills with the ability to build trust and secure buy-in from stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Flexible, creative, proactive, driven and productive. Able to work under pressure.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
Position ID: J0618-1324