To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We're Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too - driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good - you've come to the right place.
Salesforce has an enterprise-wide charter focused on data management capabilities, including Data Management Maturity, Data Strategy, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Operations, Data Platforms, and Data Literacy. The team's mission is to ensure that every decision-maker at Salesforce has timely access to the trusted data they need to increase margin and to guide us to increased revenue.
The Senior Manager, Data Governance Activation will help lead the operationalization of the enterprise-wide data management operating model, and drive the increased maturity of our data management capabilities across the organization (in partnership with the Global Data Governance Leader and Business Technology team).
This role will be responsible for driving the operationalization of data management for the company through delivery of best practices while demonstrating and delivering business value in a fast-paced, volatile, and complex ecosystem.
* Define the data quality and data health strategy for the company
* Define and publish enterprise data health and quality dashboards for the company in order to raise awareness of current data quality levels against thresholds
* Define and publish enterprise data governance compliance dashboard and partner with federated teams in order to gain visibility and awareness by federated business leaders
* Partner with data management engineering team to automate and periodically publish enterprise dashboards
* Develop procedures and best practices for the implementation of data quality within federated data management teams
* Build productive partnerships with various technology, legal, security, and analytics/data management teams across Salesforce
* 5+ years experience as a leader in Enterprise Data Quality or data management or similar environment
* Experience gaining alignment across a diverse range of stakeholders is essential
* Experience managing centralized, matrixed resources preferred, with a strong focus on leading teams across several geographies and time zones
* Strong data governance background that includes driving strategy, architecture, governance, tooling or enablement
* Effectively drive consensus across organizations and clearly articulate governance strategy, vision and business values
* Familiarity with data maturity models and Salesforce products a plus
* Excellent business and technical communication skills at all levels of the organization
* Commitment to continuous improvement, successful at leading by influence, and excellent at building business cases for investments to improve data management
* Ability to be agile, proactive, and comfortable with ambiguous specifications
* Effectively motivate people, instill accountability and demonstrate the value of data across a wide range of individuals (engineers, data scientists, analysis, service owners, executives, customers, auditors, etc.)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $ to $.
For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $ to $.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.