At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
At Motorola Video Analytics, we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
The Video Solutions division at Motorola has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution. At Motorola, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact on the safety of people and businesses globally.
Reporting to the Enterprise Data Architect, the Data Quality Analyst engages both business and technical teams and drives the work of applying quality management techniques to data to ensure that data is fit for consumption for a variety of purposes. The Data Quality Analyst will likely be involved with a series of projects through which he/she can establish processes and best practices while addressing high priority data issues. Along with that, this person will have operational responsibilities related to data usage. For example, reporting on data quality levels and engaging in the analysis, quantification, and prioritization of data issues.
- Manage data through its lifecycle by setting standards, building quality into the processes that create, transform, and store data, and measuring data against standards
- Develop control structures to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity and collection gaps by working with the business and technical teams
- Implement a data quality tool and develop automation of data validation and dashboards to provide visibility of the process and data quality
- Assess the current processes and technology to determine the root cause for data quality errors to make recommendations for long-term solutions
- Determine the business impact level for data quality issues
- Provide technical teams with requirements related to data validation rules to be established in information systems
- Validate post-deployment processes and data for new system enhancements
- Review and enrich the current reporting development methodology/processes and make recommendations on the level of documentation that needs to be performed and metadata that needs to be captured
- Provide business teams with recommendations regarding additional data verification steps
- Engage with key business owners on projects to drive data mapping exercises, execute data cleansing and migration
- Identify and document data quality problems through data profiling and advanced analysis
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of data definitions, master data processes, and data standards
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems
- Support for manual data processes between systems
- Additional, related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field of study
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics or BI role in a fast-paced, data-driven environment, preferably in e-commerce and/or ERP implementations.
- Good understanding of data risks and solutions, in particular, data cleaning, data leakage, cloud computing, systems access, data management
- Expertise in data profiling using Exploratory Data Analysis techniques, statistical methods and advanced analytics
- Creativity in developing data quality measures, and initiative in resolving data anomalies
- Strong understanding and experience using key performance indicators
- Working knowledge of data schemas, data models and ETLs, proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills, diagnostic reporting skills, creative problem solver, curious and truth-seeker
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Passionate about data management
- Customer-focused and results-oriented
Nice to Have:
- CDMP certification from DAMA International
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with a data quality tool (Informatica Data Quality, Oracle EDQ, Atacama Data Quality or other)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with SAP ERP
3+ years of experience in an analytics or BI role.