Data Quality Analyst for Duplicate Resolution Processing ( DRP )
The major objective of this job is work to research and resolve duplicated/overlaid identities either in bulk or manually, to discover, report upon, and correct data quality issues throughout DEERS production databases, which may have a negative impact to patient registry data, identity (duplicated or overlaid identity) and the data stream. The overarching goal is to continually improve the general state of data quality, specifically patient data, identity management AND the organization’s visibility into its current state of data quality.
Work on a fast-paced team responsible for reducing duplication of data, monitoring and maintaining Data Quality within very large Oracle production databases
- Find, investigate, and map out strategies to correct data quality issues that impact any of numerous DEERS business areas, particularly military healthcare benefits & eligibility, patient registry and duplicate identities resolution.
- Research, design and implement remediation plans to reduce duplicated identities in the system. Work includes both responding to urgent data quality issues as they arise as well as proactive analysis to discover and research previously unknown problem areas.
- Use SQL and PL/SQL to investigate data quality issues and continue to expand the team’s suite of recurring and ad-hoc error reports to assess the state of data quality in DEERS and monitor these reports for anomalies pointing to new issues to examine.
- Create analytical reports and metrics on data quality issues, duplication/overlay of records, root cause and remediation plans.
- Work closely with other data quality team analysts, management, project managers, business analysts, developers, quality assurance and DBAs, internal and external customers, upstream and downstream customers to determine root causes for data quality issues or data/identity discrepancy between DMDC and upstream/downstream master data index, or discrepancy between various internal data schemas. Devise remediation plans that both prevent future occurrences and restore data that has already been affected.
- Position demands active, continuous collaboration and learning about the business rules underlying the many lines of business, as well as the variety of data stores, data sources, applications and tiers that make up the DEERS architecture. Candidate must be willing to constantly seek out this knowledge from other senior staff in the course of day to day work.
- Candidate must be a self-driven individual who can work on many concurrent projects and deliver results on each, whether working independently or collaborating with other members of the team. Role has potential for advancement for high-achieving individuals.
* Government client requires U.S. citizenship for this position *
Required: Basic Requirements - 3 - 8years of experience
- Experience with Relational Database concepts
- Experience with SQL
- PL/SQL (or T-SQL) or experience with other procedural programming language
- SQL query optimization
- Tasks and time management skill
Desired: Years of experience (min) 5-8