Embrace better opportunities.
Are you passionate about health, happiness and helping others? So are we. We’re committed to helping our health plan Members live a happy and healthy lifestyle, and we believe that it starts here first, with our Associates.
At AvMed, we provide the tools and opportunities to enhance, expand, and support each Associate’s personal and professional growth. From tuition reimbursement to exercise classes in the office, embrace a better career with AvMed and join our team!
Position: Data Quality Analyst
Scope of position: The Data Quality Analyst must have a holistic perspective on the enterprise data quality management process from both a business and technical perspective. S/he acts as a liaison and translation layer between business and technical teams and can operate at both high-level enterprise and detailed technical levels for analysis purposes. S/he is able to drive new Data Quality Improvement projects from initial scoping through full implementation. This role is ideal for someone who can extract complex data from relational and non-relational enterprise data warehouses using SQL or Python and who has experience with data profiling using tools such as Talent, Collibra, Infogix or Informatica.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical Plans, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, and more…
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off Cash-In
- 401(k)plan with matching contributions, Tuition Assistance, Associate Discounts
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Business or equivalent education.
- Masters or certification in Data Quality is an asset but is not required with relevant experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in data quality-related disciplines within Business Intelligence or Information Technology: data governance; data architecture; data modeling; metadata management; data remediation; data profiling and data lineage analysis required and ten years preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a healthcare payer setting required.
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and enterprise data warehouse design.
- Strong analytical, design, troubleshooting and production support skills for reports and extracts.
- Experience with the analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation of data quality solutions.
- Experience with DQ tools such as Infogix or Informatica.
- Experience with Amisys, HRP, Health Rules, Facets.
- Expertise working with flat files, relational database like Oracle, SQL Server and NoSQL databases like MarkLogic, MongoDB, HBase etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlikview/QlikSense, Tableau, or PowerBI preferred.
- Knowledge of medical claims processing, procedures and guidelines.
You May Also Have:
- Analytical – Ability to identify and understand the informational needs of the organization and conduct analyses that is needed for AvMed Executives to make informed and effective business decisions.
- Problem Solving – Must be able to use intuition, logical reasoning and innovation to solve problems in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Product Suite (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Communication – Accurate, clear and concise written and verbal professional communication skills required.
- Planning and Organization - Ability to meet strategic objectives, operating and business plans, and time schedules. Superior follow-through on the execution of chosen strategies and demonstrates an ability to stay the course despite obstacles and challenges.
- Flexibility – Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, maintain a flexible work schedule to meet various demands of concurrent multiple projects, and willingness to travel and work overtime as required.
- Teamwork – Ability to work effectively in a team environment, in addition to being self-motivated and a strong independent worker.
- Growth and Development – Maintains professional and industry affiliations to enhance professional growth and development to stay current with the latest trends affecting AvMed, including latest trends in claims processing/operations, value-based contracting, data management, business intelligence, and data quality, and data science.
Ability to use and interact effectively with all modes of modern business communication.