- Day-to-day operations of our backup solutions to make sure backups are successful within given SLA's, restoring data per our given SLA's and make sure all hardware and software is up and working as designed. This can also include tape rotation.
- Engineer and implementing new backup solutions
- Improvements for existing and new backup enterprise solutions
- Provide recommendations and improvements for our internal operations
- Hands-on experience and understand of AWS
- Advanced Administration and engineering level experience with the enterprise backup solutions to reduce third-party support costs
- Knowledge of VMware vCenter and vCloud, MS server platforms and applications (e. g. Exchange, SQL Server), Linux (Advanced knowledge), Oracle database and RAC's (basic knowledge)
- Experience and understanding of data management & information life cycle management.
- Troubleshooting, administration, and configuration of IP networks
- Advanced administration and troubleshooting of Windows and UNIX server environments
- Think outside of the box trouble shooting complex problems
- Knowledge and experience with Storage Area Networks and NAS devices
- Troubleshooting and configuration of SCSI and FC devices
- Knowledge of CommVault V11 and CommVault reporting capabilities
- Working experience with Isilon clusters.
- Working experience with CommVault internal networker infrastructure
- Working experience with HA/DR CommServe configurations
- Working Experience with Networker V8 & V9
- Working Experience with Enterprise Tape Libraries and management of them
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be willing and able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and demonstrable hands on experience with CommVault or other backup technology.
- BS/MS Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience in an Operations / Support Role
· Flexibility within a constant change environment with the ability to adapt to new technologies
· Demonstrable senior level Linux and Windows server management skills, including system patching.
· Demonstrable senior knowledge of, storage, networks and system security.
· Experience supporting service-oriented architecture software in cloud environments including
· Knowledge of Source control such as GitHub
· Knowledge of Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
· Worked in a SAFE Agile IT organization
· Working knowledge of modern software engineering (Infrastructure as code, Cloud, etc.)
· Network Services (LDAP, AD, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
· OSI Layers 5-7 (Session, Presentation and Application) ( API, HTTP, etc.)
· Virtualization (ESX, Openstack, Nutanix etc.)
· Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)