What will I be doing?
As the Data Project Manager, Revenue Management (RM) Operations, you will combine your business and technical skillsets. You will utilize revenue, sales and market share data (STR) using SQL, Cognos, Tableau Desktop, MicroStrategy and Microsoft Excel to develop reports, analyses, and form views about the business that will support strategy and decision-making. You will dedicatedly engage and build professional working relationships with other members of the franchise revenue management team and enterprise in order to understand their needs, share information on business trends, and identify business opportunities. You will lead and deliver on ad-hoc requests from senior leadership, including in depth analyses for time sensitive topics.
As the Manager, you will successfully run projects from inception to rollout by capturing technical requirements, providing timely status updates and holding team members accountable. You will maintain processes and seek innovations and customization in reports and toolkits that automate revenue and market share analytics, report generation and audits in support of the franchise revenue management team.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide or coordinate business process support using corporate systems. This includes utilizing and interpreting reporting results. Systems include: OnQ Revenue Management, OnQ FM, GRO, IDeas, Market Vision, Crystal Reports and OnQ R&I.
- Develop analyses for pertinent metrics and dimensions, sharing metrics with the franchise RM team to help improve the quality of subsequent business decisions.
- Craft new reports and tools to drive efficiency, improve reporting metrics and business processes, including process and FAQ documentation. Through your deep understanding of the metrics, dimensions and data sources, you will maintain a high quality output at all times.
- Manage reporting requests and provide insights to help senior management better understand the key drivers and opportunities for the future.
- Provide support, troubleshooting and development of enhancements to existing tools. This includes developing and customizing existing reports, tools and dashboards in Excel, Cognos, Tableau Desktop, MicroStrategy or web based applications, providing new views with root cause analytical capabilities.
- Produce periodic and ad hoc reports as required for the franchise RM team with sufficient analytical insights.
- Create and structure PowerPoint presentations to provide leadership detailed information in a concise manner.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-starter, very organized, deeply detailed and assertive at times
- Accountable individuals, who effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results and recommending improvements
- Problem solver who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience resolving day to day business challenges
- Collaborative teammates, who thrive in both a cohesive and interdependent work-culture
- Multi-taskers, who manage multiple projects and priorities with a cool-head under time constraints to effectively handle concurrent demands
- Self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree (Business Administration or Information Technology)
- Four (4) years of business analytics and data processing such as data management, report development, and data mining experience
- Three to Five (3-5) years of Programming
- Two (2) years advanced proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree in Business Administration or Information Technology
- Five to Seven (5-7) years' Programming experience
- Five (5) years' experience with SSMS
- Three (3) years' experience with C# MVC .NET
- Three (3) years' Business Analytics experience with Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Three (3) years of report development with MicroStrategy Crystal Reports, Cognos, Microsoft Reporting Services, or similar reporting software experience
- Two (2) years of Supervisory or Management experience
- One (1) year experience working with Entity Framework
- One (1) year of Razor Views experience
- One (1) year of hotel or hospitality experience in Sales, Revenue Management, Catering or Meeting services
- One (1) year of hospitality technology systems experience, including DMPE, Global/SFA, CRS, PMS, CRM, OnQ RM, OnQ Forecast Management, GRO and OnQ Rate & Inventory