Data Product Manager
This role is responsible for leading the creation of a portfolio of business intelligence products aligned with a data and analytics strategy and vision, and a clear understanding of key business partners' analytics needs to translate those needs into a data and analytics product roadmap. Success in this role would be defined by enabling business leaders to put data at the forefront of key decisions.
- Develops strategic product roadmap for both the business intelligence and data engineering portfolio of data and analytics products.
- Executes within the agile methodology as a product owner by authoring and prioritizing user stories at the epic, feature and story levels.
- Engages stakeholders in leadership, research, data and support to coordinate across internal teams to maintain product and strategic alignment/prioritization.
- Collaborates with analytics teams to identify and establish a process for modeling, data exploration and data visualization.
- Becomes an expert in Jack in the Box's data sets, and continues to build additional data sets to meet Company needs.
- Collaborates on all business readiness activities including end-user training, product testing, roll out, iteration and support.
- Develops and promotes a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- Serves as hands-on Data Ninja, reviewing large quantities of data and analyzing to explain trends, provide new insights, and to tell stories using data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math/Statistics or equivalent experience.
- 6-8 years product management experience in a SaaS software environment (preferably dealing with big data)
- 3-6 years big data platform experience, including Redshift, Glue, Spark, EMR
- 3+ years experience building, delivering and supporting data tools
- 6-8 years hands-on experience with SQL and advanced data warehousing techniques
- 2-5 years hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Data science experience a plus
- Strong proficiency with Tableau Creator and Tableau Server
- Deep experience in data analytics (visualization, dashboard design, analytics apps) and technical knowledge of analytic tools, methodologies and design
- Ability to effectively communicate the value of analytics, intelligence and machine learning deliverables to business users
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to handle information professionally and confidentially, and communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders and C-suite executives
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of MVP, product development methodologies, and technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Ability to effectively work with internal IT partners and cross-functional business partners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills