Our Midwest Practice is currently seeking a Data Processing Engineer/Data Scientist to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)! We're seeking technical professionals who are passionate about software engineering, algorithm development and signal and image processing engineering. These opportunities require an ability to obtain a DOD TS/SCI clearance and the ability to commute onsite at the Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio is required.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Work in a dynamic, team environment with other smart AIS employees, software developers and research scientists using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Develop data processing and exploitation solutions for both commercial and government customers.
- Develop and implement signal and image processing algorithms using data that will be integrated into a cloud-computing environment.
- Create solutions unique to client needs. Typical assignments are complex and require use of initiative.
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships within the department, the strategic business unit, and the company/client.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience.
- Experience using programming/scriptinglanguages such as Python.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with data processing and analysis.
- Utilize understanding of Industry Standard Best Patterns and Practices with principles in guiding application development, including agile development methodologies and software configuration management.
- Must possess the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with Big Data and machine learning.
- Experience in optimization and numerical methods.
- Experience with Cloud initiatives including C2S (or AWS).
- Desire to blog or present and speak publicly or internally on technical topics.
- Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.