Job Description:The Data Privacy Engineer / Staff Engineer is responsible for supporting the Data Privacy Officer with implementation and facilitation of Data Privacy initiatives across Laboratory Diagnostics. This position requires broad coverage of products and processes, balanced with the aptitude to focus on specific business processes and diagnostic products with respect to evolving Data Privacy regulations and trends. The Data Privacy Engineer partners with a variety of stakeholders, including Legal, Compliance, Quality, Portfolio & Product Management and Global Engineering to ensure that Data Privacy is considered throughout our business processes and product portfolio.Key Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain compliant processes that govern the handling of protected information on behalf of our customers
- Develop and maintain policies for data protection/privacy and ensure execution
- Monitor, identify and implement corrective actions and preventive programs for risk areas in data protection
- Support continued employee awareness training for data protection
- Privacy incident management handling that includes investigation, remediation, and notification
- Develop and report on metrics indicating effectiveness of Privacy Program
- Work with Legal, Compliance, Quality, and other stakeholders to advance the data protection program
- Collaborate with other data protection activities and groups in Healthcare to leverage the knowledge, resources and best practices and to ensure alignment with Region and Global processes
- Support the business with EU GDPR implementation tasks and aligning with global DP efforts
- Support M&A due diligence projects related to Data Privacy and any resulting integration efforts for completed acquisitions/mergers
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, health information management, computer science or related field. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information privacy laws preferred.
- Extensive familiarity with healthcare relevant legislation and standards for the protection of health information and patient privacy preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audience (and vice versa)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines with influential competence