Samba TV is uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we're connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits for marketers.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with DevOps background who will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining our analytics platform that will aggregate television viewing metrics and facilitate realtime analysis of audience engagement and viewing behavior. There will be terabytes of data to work on, so experience in designing scalable and maintainable big data systems is a huge plus.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes for our core systems.
- Implement Platforms that enable our clients to take advantage of our data.
- Create and manage Platform specific API's.
- Create, expand, and manage data processing systems/pipelines as necessary.
- Build robust, high-volume production software.
- Create and maintain underlying infrastructure and monitoring platforms, which our data processing relies on.
- Improve deployment processes
- Excellent knowledge developing and debugging in a variety of languages, particularly Python.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience building high-performance, large-scale server applications, and reliable software.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases.
- Knowledge of Hadoop/HBase or other MapReduce-based architectures.
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic network concepts (routing, DNS).
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
Nice to have
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with Cloud platforms
- Experience with monitoring systems (Prometheus)
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code approach.