Data Platform Team is looking for a QA engineer to provide quality engineering for features like data ELT services, client drivers, partner connectors built in house and 3rd party tools validations. This role will build and automate test suites to ensure the functionalities, driver standard compliance, correctness, performance of the features built by the team and make sure they work as expected when used in combination with other features. This role will also build and automate test suites to make sure our client technologies work well in commonly used environment in terms of operating system, networking, firewall/proxy and against any cloud providers including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. In addition, this role will build stress tests and fault tolerance tests to identify bugs and improvement areas for ELT services.
- Design, develop, automate and monitor tests for data ELT services, client drivers, partner connectors built in house and 3rd party tools validations. You would work closely with the developers to understand architecture details of components, provide feedback on edge cases and play a major role in shaping features.
- Work with the infrastructure team, release team and operation team to identify acceptance tests required and build them.
- Assist engineering to reproduce customer issues by installing tools used by customers to facilitate debugging and fix validation.
- Design and build robust test automation frameworks (Simplicity and Reliability are key factors).Incorporate modern software Quality Engineering practices and Test Automation technologies.
- Work on fast iteration cycles and tight deadlines using an agile/scrum methodology.
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- Knowledge of software engineering, operating system, database, networking and modern software Quality Engineering practices, approaches and Test Automation technologies.
- Proficient coding skills in Python/Java/C++. Passionate in delivering quality products and have the attitude of automating everything.
- Comfortable with Linux environments, Mac OS, Windows and scripting experience.
- Services mindset.
- Proficiency in setting up Continuous Integration/Deployment processes, e.g., JenkinsProficiency in building and orchestrating container based test automations, e.g., Kubernetes Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, or Cloud based infrastructure systems is a plus.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills. Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.