Our mission in Expedia Group's Data Services and Platforms team is to make access to data undeniably easy through technology and solutions that unleash the ability for people to unlock the power of the world's best travel platform. Our products are used by engineers, analysts and data scientists to process data in real-time, deliver complex analytics, and ultimately help our customers find their dream holiday or trip. Add to that our integrated, value-led partner approach and we're able to bring forward solutions that drive decisions faster and innovation further, keeping Expedia at the forefront of technology and travel.
You will play an exciting role where you can have direct impact on the continued success of the Data Services & Platforms team. You will coordinate across DSP and our customer base to ensure delivery of our project portfolio. We move quickly and focus on creating business value. You will actively work across our business alongside key team members including Engineering, Partner Services and Operations.
This role will report to the Director, Business Operations DSP.
What You'll Do:
- You will lead and deliver technical projects including infrastructure and platform upgrades such as Teradata and Hadoop
- You will lead and deliver database and platform cloud migration projects
- You will use your communication skills to coordinate across key partners to ensure visibility and transparency
- You will anticipate information needs, identify gaps and organize data and communications cohesively and clearly
- You will utilize your knowledge of various methodologies including Agile and Waterfall to deliver software, infrastructure and platform projects including upgrades, migrations and new technologies
- You will collaborate with key functions across DSP work cross-functionally across matrixed areas of DSP and EG to influence and drive accountability for project deliverables and to keep the project on time and on budget
- You will develop in-depth understanding of DSP products, services and processes to successfully support and implement DSP's strategic goals
- You will help technical, product and operational teams to identify and solve problems
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of project or program manager experience required
- PMP desired but not required
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated record of creative and structured approach to solving problems
- Ability to establish effective relationships across a matrix of functional teams
- Advanced communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presenting)
- Ability to make independent decisions, self-starter, ability to perform with minimal supervision