The Data Platform Developer is leveraging skills in software development in addition to data analytics skills to create best-of-breed data services. A successful Data Platform Developer will follow best practices in construction and maintenance of software platforms and tools which provide an exemplary customer experience when interacting with our data services. An extremely successful Data Platform Developer will also perform deep-dives into the data in order to identify how to further improve the customer experience by accentuating the most desirable aspects of those datasets.
Described simply, the Data Platform Developer should be an accomplished software engineer with DataOps experience and light DevOps skills.
- Write well-constructed, testable, and maintainable code
- Develop systems and tools for the distribution of data products and services
- Perform deep-dives into data products and services to thoroughly understand the personalities of each to suggest and implement tools to improve customer experiences
- Create and execute automated unit, integration, and regression tests as a part of an integrated code delivery system
- Analyze datasets including data profiling, transform and load
- Synthesize work items to identify gaps, request clarification, estimate time and effort for the work item, implement the work item including appropriate unit testing and present the solution to a review group
- Collaborate with team to perform deployments to lower and production environments, manually and via a CI/CD pipeline
- Analyze support requests to identify recurring problems, recommend solutions and identify areas where service can be improved
- Liaise with other teams on projects and company initiatives as needed
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, technology, computer science or similar curriculum is preferred
- Minimum four years of experience professionally developing software solutions with an emphasis on the delivery and/or display of data
- Data analysis tools experience required. R, Python and/or Spark are preferred
- Gitlab/Github experience required, Gitlab is preferred
- Geospatial experience strongly preferred but not required
- Experience deploying applications with Amazon Web Services, specifically platform configuration and deployment, and/or data pipelining
- Experience with Enterprise collaboration platforms required, such as Trello, JIRA, Confluence, POSTMAN, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner across functional and technical departments, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other invested stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and report on third-party software systems and platforms for possible inclusion in the team's technology stack
- Sincere passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Intrinsically self-motivated and self-directed
- Demonstrate a consistent sense of urgency when resolving issues causing poor customer experiences, resolving those issues with empathy
- Can prioritize work items, and effectively communicate those prioritization choices
- Keen attention to detail
- Maintains collaborative communication, poise, and professionalism, particularly in stressful situations
- Thrives in a rapid-evolving, constantly evolving environment
- Interested in expanding breadth of skills, as opposed to depth in a single skill
Now is your chance to become part of a world-class, industry leading organization that touts the #1 real estate brand in the world! RE/MAX is a business that builds businesses. We, alongside booj, our award-winning technology company, specialize in providing the tools, training and tech to our real estate network, which includes RE/MAX and Motto Mortgage franchises, agents, brokers and consumers. Join us and build a career where your contribution is heard, your innovative ideas are valued, and hard work and collaboration truly makes a difference.
RE/MAX Holdings, Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion, as well as non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to performing the essential task of the job or other legally protected categories. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity. #LI-MP1