We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking expert in Azure Data Platform Cloud Solutions. The successful Architect will be able to drive high priority customer initiatives using Azure. In conjunction with customers and the Microsoft's Enterprise accounts segment of our business, we will accomplish cutting edge solutions. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between our customer and the Microsoft Data Platform. The role will extend to some Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence concepts.
Avanade is looking for an Azure Solutions Architect: you are involved in all the project phases from defining new technical architectures, trying to propose creative solutions in line with the company's value proposition and provide support for the implementation of enterprise architecture based on the latest generation methodologies: Microservices, Cloud native, Serverless, Azure PaaS and Container-based.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Apply technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, Advanced Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate.
- Provide the technical oversight and advice to application architecture and development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability and operational efficiency of data/analytical, solutions.
- Develop appropriate cloud model for IaaS/PaaS/SaaS aligned with customer’s business objectives.
- Strong understanding of Azure technologies (ADFv2, ADLv2, Blob Storage, HDInsight, Azure SQL Warehouse, DataBricks, Synapse, D365 Table Copy, Common Data Model (CDM), Dataverse, Azure ML, ML Server, BOT Framework, Cognitive Services, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, compliance, maintainability, reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Document data and analytics technology landscape and high-level data and analytics architecture on client engagements.
- Prepare and tailor analytics discovery methods, tools, and best practices for the client. Lead and mentor Avanade technical teams on the use of DevOps, DataOps and ML Ops methods as part of the Avanade Agile Delivery Framework.
- Support pre-sales activities by creating appropriate solutions based on client needs identified by the sales team.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a transition to Cloud based Analytics and AI solutions.
- Collaborate with other Avanade Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities!
Experience Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- 5+ years’ experience working with large complex enterprise accounts architecting cloud solutions for data estate workloads
- 5+ years implementing large scale data projects within the cloud environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence remote teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- Technical Capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Knowledge of Competitors: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query
- Data storage technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Data Governance
- Data Engineering
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python required