Summary of the Role
We are seeking a Data Operations Engineer who will operate scalable solutions for collecting and analyzing data sets that drive ConcertAI's Real World Data business unit and help migrate our current business and processes to a modern, cloud-based architecture. This role is responsible for architecting and developing a reliable and highly scalable platform on AWS. The person ust be located Remote in the United States with possible travel to a corporate office periodically. This person must be able to communicate, coordinate and work with our offshore team in India.
This person should be willing to:
- Work in different technology stack on a given day
- Be able to move between technologies to complete given tasks.
- Think ‘outside the box’ of the current implementation to solve given tasks.
- Look for the simple solution to solve the problem even if not popular to others.
- Work with 3rd party partners to integrate different datasets and develop solutions.
- Support apps running production and support user issues when they arise.
- Interact with our India team for development and deployment issues.
Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
4+ years relevant industry experience in operating data management solutions.
Experience with moving data in and out of datastores and environments with knowledge of PHI constraints, limitations and requirements.
Should have good understanding of:
- Modern technologies and architectures,
- Disciplines such as hybrid cloud, Rest APIs, Micro Services,
- Containerization, and essentials of data security in the cloud.
Experience with technologies like:
- AWS technologies like - S3, EFS, EC2, RDS, EKS, Glue, Secrets Manager, AWS Batch.
- Database Technologies – PostgreSQL or any other relational database, Mongo DB
- Experience with design, conceptual, logical, physical, strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and document databases
- Experience with working with an on-shore/off-shore model.
- Knowledge of healthcare data sources, including understanding data standardization practices, integrating data, and security related to HIPAA.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality, efficient, scalable migrations
- Strong task planning and project coordination skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Hands-on mentality, do whatever it takes to deliver a successful project mindset required.
DevOps experience with:
- Gradle, Maven and SBT
- Experience building Yaml/JSON Manifests for K8s
- Jenkins, Docker, and automated scripting of deployments.
- Kubernetes – deployments and Automation
- Utilize technical developer skills including, but not limited to:
- Typescript ,Angular (10 or better), Material Design, NodeJS
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Scala, and Python 3
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Spark,
- Bash and shell scripting
- Git feature branching workflows
- other related technologies.
Functional programming experience in: