Assists project and data architecture teams in developing logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams. These UML based models will be the source for mission physical models and associated exchange formats.
- Analyzing customer requirements in order to produce and maintain artifacts such as Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, and data mappings
- Representing business and mission concepts, their definitions, properties, and relationships via modeling
- Collaborating with data modelers within the organization and from other organizations to develop data models of common concern
- Aligning domain models and mission models with each other and with enterprise models
- Coordinating, meeting, and holding technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholders to discuss modeling requirements and perform model validation
- Producing models to support the mapping of data in legacy data formats and data stores to modern formats and enterprise data stores
- A minimum of twenty (20) years of experience in data or systems engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- A Bachelor's degree in technical field or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience using CASE tools for model development to include either proprietary tools (ERWin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner) or FOSS tools (ArgoUML)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of customers
- Willing to learn new technologies and maintain and develop technical currency.