We are looking for Data Modeler for our client in Woodlands, TX
Job Title: Data Modeler
Job Location: Woodlands, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Data Modeler ? Enterprise Analytics plays an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the company?s technology strategy, processes, and information technology roadmap.
- The data modeler partners with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions align with the company?s overall mission, vision, strategy, goals and objectives.
- This role, Data Modeler ? Enterprise Analytics, will be responsible for the data modeling and metadata management portion of the Enterprise Data Lake ecosystem.
- As such, this role will be expected to develop and maintain Client?s Enterprise Data Lake data and metadata catalogues and mappings, plus design, access, usage and stewardship.
- Also included is the development or use of process models, interface designs, and development of internal and external checks and controls to ensure proper governance, security and quality of data assets.
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for the OneMD Data; Analytics Product Line.
- Work with business and technical teams to fully understand the business requirements, be able analyze data and translate them into data structures.
- Coordinate, develop, and construct data models and data dictionaries, ranging from functional-specific to enterprise-wide, and from operational to decision-support.
- Work with the database administrators to establish naming conventions and optimization standards for the database objects.
- Partner with Database Administration staff in handoff between logical database design and physical database design.
- Candidate must have strong modeling skills to support data science tools and help enable self-service capabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and design a future state environment to address OneMD Data & Analytics Product Line serving multiple cross functional business organizations
- Lead the design of big data solutions
- Create and manage logical, physical and conceptual models using data modeling tools.
- Develop and communicate standards for data structures.
- Build referential integrity into the models.
- Investigate Data Quality Issues and provide recommendation; solution to address them
- Work with offshore development and testing teams to ensure successful implementation of design.
- Profile existing data structures to thoroughly understand all data assets that exist in the warehouse and the sources of expansion areas.
- Lead and manage department projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.