A world-renowned asset management firm is currently seeking a Data Modeler/Architect to join their team in New York. This candidate will primarily develop Audit, Risk and Compliance integrated reporting and data analytics solutions. You will work with stakeholders to analyze business data needs, create data models that supportreporting and data integration, and implement models on data warehouse.
- Develop data models to support integrated business reporting and data exchange
- Implement data models on data warehouse
- Perform data profiling on source system data
- Assist ETL and reportdevelopers with best usage of the models
- Provide assistance and guidance during the QA and UAT phases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field required
- 7+ years of experience in data development and solutions
- 7+ years for SQL experience with the ability to write ad-hoc and complex queries to perform data analysis.
- Ability to create E-R data models (conceptual, logical and physical)
- Working knowledge of advanced data warehouse concepts (Factless Fact Tables, Temporal \ BI-Temporal models, etc.)
- Strong experience with business requirements definition and management (end to end), structured analysis, process design, use case documentation, UML process and use case definition.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of IBM DB2, Informatica, and DB2 stored procedures a plus.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions, roles and able to interact effectively with all levels.
- Strong understanding of the Financial Services industry and content lifecycle relating to Risk, Regulatory, Audit and Compliance needs.