The Apple Analytic Insight team is looking for an outstanding data scientist who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Apple. This person will work with various business managers and executives to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then implement end to end analytical solutions. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary.
- Conceive and design end to end data science solutions to support Apple's business units and initiatives.
- Work with business owners to map business requirements into technical solutions.
- Develop and implement data science solutions to fit business problem, which may include applying algorithms from a standard tool or custom algorithm development.
- Work closely with data warehouse architects and software developers to generate seamless business intelligence solutions for end users.
- Support production analytic solutions.
- Perform ad hoc statistical and data science analyses.
- Present results of analyses to business units.
- Either: Ph.D. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field M.S. in related field with 5+ years experience applying data science techniques to real business problems.