This position is responsible for transfer of information from client’s existing software to eClinicalWorks software.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
This position requires a demonstrated understanding of data quality, privacy and security issues.
- Responsible for extraction and mining of large volumes of data sets from a variety of data sources (Relational databases, XML, flat file formats etc.) and create complex data reports for analysis
- Work with clients to identify, define, collate, document, and communicate data migration requirements
- Responsible for data profiling, data cleansing, data transformation and the loading of data into eClinicalWorks software.
- Design and develop algorithms and visualization tools to help manage an efficient data migration process
- Write Java programs, T-SQL scripts and stored procedures for the data conversions and apply quality control processes to all output to ensure accuracy
- Create database objects such as tables, views, indexes, triggers, stored procedures, functions, and Integration Services packages to support new and existing applications
- Liaison with customers and Project Managers and provide regular updates to ensure a smooth data migration experience
- Deliver best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities
- Perform quality assurance and database validation on all test and live conversions
- Create, debug and execute JAVA programs to handle conversions of various sets of standard document formats (RTF, HTML, Word, Text, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, XML) and other custom format documents to PDF.
- Ensures data integrity, data security and performance of production databases.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of proficiency in Java.
- 2+ years of proficiency in Microsoft SQL server and MySQL Databases.
- 1 - 2 years of experience with other database (Oracle/PostgreSQL/Sybase/MS Access/Informix/C-tree)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong research, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated success in working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and develop/optimize workflow hypothesis.