The Data Migration Analyst candidate is responsible for analyzing the current method of data migration from legacy on-premise OR cloud applications to a cloud based application and providing recommendations for processing.
In this role, the candidate will be utilizing the data platform to consolidate and design data structures for our clients’ critical business metrics and/or reporting systems. They will working with business leaders and technology teams to deliver solutions that support analysts, developers, and on-going operations. We need someone who can bring their ideas to the table and help drive improvements in the data migration process as the migration may affect how our clients’ measure their key performance indicators, inform their sales commissions system, and track users’ engagement with their products.
· Analyzing the method of transforming existing data into a format for the new environment and the loading of this data into otherdatabase structures.
· Reviewing existing migration tools and providing recommendations for improving performance of the migration process.
· Providing necessary change and support documentation
· Mid to senior-level data analysts with 4-8years of experience using SQL and related tools for profiling data as well as mapping from source to destination.
· Proficient in database deployment, change management, version control, and migration tools.
· Experience with designing and implementing ETL processes using various tools such as Boomi, Informatica or Ab Initio
· Experience architecting and building data migration strategies would be a plus
· Experience with using cloud based applications such as Salesforce
· Strong understanding of data quality, data cleansing, data lifecycle, and metadata management
· Strong database design and development experience for very large database applications
· Understands and has worked in an Agile Environment (Scrum/Kanban) and agile application development techniques would be a plus
· Proficient in creating, maintaining, and debugging system configurations and database code
· Ability to code and script a plus
· Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
· A strong focus on business outcomes
· Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
· Ability to communicate and express design models as well as listen to needs
· Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
· Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
Job Number: JO-1710-1905