Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Data Manager to support the Deployment Health Research Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. This position will support the Deployment Health Research Program in their mission to examine the effects of deployment and career experiences on the overall physical and mental health of service members and their families. Currently, the department has several major research studies in progress, including the Millennium Cohort Study, the Millennium Cohort Family Study, the Birth and Infant Health Research Program, and the Recruit Assessment Program. The Data Manager's main function is to access various databases to extract relevant data and construct comprehensive, project-specific datasets for internal use and partnership requirements.
- Serve as the Point of Contact for all protected data sources used by the department
- Work with research teams to extract and merge required data from multiple sources to appropriately answer research study questions.
- Perform data manipulations and transformation on raw data using SAS to create analytical-friendly datasets
- Performs data archive procedures based on established departmental guidelines
- Maintain and update documentation on all related processes and procedures, such as data request and data completion forms.
- Contribute to data management processes, including data verification, cleaning, and quality assurance
- Conduct frequent data accuracy and integrity checks; work to resolve identified issues/errors in project datasets.
- Works closely with Human Protections and Regulatory personnel to ensure compliance with all regulatory and DOD policies
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science or related field
- Advanced proficiency in SAS
- Experience in constructing and analyzing complex databases, including data merging, cleaning, and verification processes.
- A minimum of one year of experience conducting complex data management of medical claims data.