KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary: This position is needed to support Global Breeding - Asia Africa China database systems. The Data Manager role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of production data across multiple integrated systems and supporting developers and testers during the application release process. The successful candidates will analyze scientific data, and design and implement SQL solutions for production data issues. The candidate should demonstrate high attention to detail, good problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to work independently. Heavy on IT Technical Skills including Oracle SQL/PostgresSQL, Hadoop, Neo4j, API calls, Hbase, Hana, Riak) also nice to have some strength in various IT Languages: Java, python, R, SAS, Spotfire. Requires a degree or 3-5 years experience in field or related area.
• Large scale analyses and data management of plant breeding data to support company's breeding effort in China. Using phenotypic and molecular data from existing databases, develop generalized procedures to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of selection and testing programs. Will also evaluate and optimize product placement strategies.
• Support Corn breeding and advancement process by collaborating with various teams, including breeding, breeding IT, analytics, data management, Licensing, TD, and TI teams et al.
• Support hybrids make-up and seed logistics, and coordinate ex-China MSP in Chile by working and collaborating with diverse teams across global
• Support Corn Breeding team on molecular breeding, including but not limited to: molecular marker data analysis, QAQC/FP project creation and submission; TI and CMS conversion coordination et al.
• Manage China corn data and pipeline, and coordinate China projects by collaborating with different functional teams
• Own and drive specific projects and implementation by leveraging company expertise and resources to identify and lead specific core projects that will bring value to CSI breeding
• Participate in cross-functional collaborative teams with Breeding, Trait integration, Genomics and Biotech, Technology Development, Corn Crop Teams
• Consult and provide support to software developers and other IT specialists to transform prototype analyses and decision methods into production applications for use by crop breeders. This will also include training of breeding teams with the roll-out of new breeding technology software tools.
• PhD in Plant Breeding and Genetics, Crop Science or related field with 1-3 years’ experience; or a Master’s Degree with 3-5 years’ experience
• Strong knowledge in Plant breeding and genetics, molecular breeding, and understand hybrid crop breeding process and field experimental design
• Strong knowledge in Oracle database and database programming skills in retrieving data using SQL queries and/or MYSQL Server
• Strong knowledge in Statistics and programming skills in R or SAS
• Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams and ability to work independently within a multidisciplinary matrix teams with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to creatively consider novel applications of new or existing technologies to the improvement of the commercial pipeline.
• Strong project management and organizational skills, and proven ability to meet deadlines
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills
• Excellent knowledge in Corn or other hybrid corps breeding and genetics, molecular breeding
• Knowledge and experience in agricultural database management and programming skills in SQL and R, R shiny and Spotfire visualizations highly desired
Job ID: 70455