We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
As the Data Manager, you will have global accountability for Critical Data Elements in the Financial Insights domain Sales and Employees. This involves addressing the needs and requirements that D&B clients’ have for Sales and Employees, understanding the global landscape of available data for Sales and Employees, capturing critical insights on all data D&B process for Sales and Employees and inputting into the data quality tolerances and directives for how D&B process Sales and Employees.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Capturing our Client’s data demand and needs from the strategic business units. Identifying the data required to meet these needs for input into business cases.
- Understanding the global landscape for Sales and Employees and identifying new data sources and opportunities for Sales and Employees
- Capturing critical insights on all the global sources that D&B ingest for Sales and Employees. This includes key characteristics like volumes, cost and usage.
- Understanding how Sales and Employees is processed globally and in partnership with the business units setting data quality tolerance standards. Working with the DQI team to monitor and the data supply chain teams to meet these standards.
- Input into Sales and Employees directives and guidelines as to what outcomes are required for Financial Insights & Legal Events and supporting ongoing compliance activities.
- A degree.
- 5+ years of relevant business experience.
- 5+ years experience in data management (data automation, data quality, data governance, data stewardship).
- Robust data knowledge – preferably around D&B data and Public data sets.
- Experience driving results and leading and implementing complex, technical, multi-organizational projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other functions, partners, outsourcers and Clients.
- Passion and curiosity about data with the ability to query and analyse datasets in order to drive fact based decisions.
- Commercial, Legal and Regulatory knowledge and expertise with respect to data acquisition and usage.