Provides the technical and analytical skills for quality reporting, specifically for the Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) physician-value-based metrics. Involves writing and documenting moderate to complex applications, measure coding, and programs along with the analytical skills to interpret findings. Also responsible for compliance of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) QCDR requirements.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Designs and documents quality measures and other reporting metrics or series of programs which will best meet the needs of the client/user.
- Complies with industry specific measure criteria and documents accuracy in coding
- Reports key metrics in required format for consistency and accuracy
- Ensures all appropriate data sources are utilized to maximize the outcome of key quality metrics
- Ensures that the specifications provided are thorough and detailed in order to avoid problems in coding development.
- Adheres to the standards for program specifications and ensures accuracy in coding
- Consults resources and other materials as needed.
- Codes moderate to complex measures and ensures that the programs conform to departmental standards.
- Thoroughly and adequately tests all functions of the coding for measures and programs prior to submitting it to the researcher, lead analyst or manager for quality review and verification.
- Prepares the proper paperwork and follows correct procedures for implementing new programs or changes in production.
- Responsible for the maintenance of completed/existing programs and systems.
- Other duties as assigned
* Detailed knowledge of query design, report creation, and graphic representations of data
* Knowledge and experience managing complex databases
* Experience providing analysis of data
Programming in SAS or other program, measure development, analytics, report writing.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Five years of programming experience, with at least two years of supervisory experiencepreferred.