L.L. Bean is currently recruiting for a Data Management Team Manager to join the IT Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team based in Portland, ME. The Data Team Manager manages L.L.Bean’s Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Master Data Services (MDS) team. As a leader on the IT Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team, this individual plays a primary role in establishing the vision, strategic direction, priorities & goals for our data management platforms and serves as a focal point for support, project initiation, status reporting and problem resolution on these platforms.
- Develop and lead a team of 8 experienced IT professional fostering a culture of collaboration and support through coaching and mentoring; work with the group to set team and individual goals and objectives
- Prioritize, oversee, and manage the portfolio needs of the EDW and MDS platforms in support of overall business goals.
- Ensure delivery of projects within determined time and budgetary constraints
- Enhance and Manage leading IT capabilities in Data Management, Data Warehousing, Master Data Management and Big Data
- Makes decisions on hiring, termination, assignment, promotion, appraisals, etc.
- Participates in setting strategic direction for the EIM team
- Effectively leads through change - vision, strategy, implementation and assessment
- Experienced negotiator for strategic hardware and software; maintains vendor relationships
- Manages to budget & re-projects budget as needed
- Prepares, delivers and leads technical presentations that bring about effective decision-making
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
- Broad understanding of Data Management concepts and approaches, including Enterprise Data Warehouse and Master Data
- Proven track record leading an experienced technical team
- Proven ability to lead cross-functionally with business and IT partners
- Mature leader with demonstrated ability to contribute to and support transparent and accountable IT Leadership Team
- Technical experience in one or more technology domains is a plus
- Ability to build cross-functional collaborative relationships in order to support win-win outcomes; seeks formative input
- Strong technical & verbal writing skills applicable to technical teams and Senior Leadership and/or Unit Leaders
Education: BA/BS or equivalent required; IT focus preferable
Experience: 5-7 years IT experience; 2 or more years managerial or supervisory experience leading an EDW and/ or Master Data team
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life.
Over the past few years L.L.Bean has received numerous accolades including being named #1 in 2017 on Forbes Best Employers List for America’s Best Mid-Size Employers, thanks to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees:
- An excellent total compensation package
- Enhanced 401(k) retirement package
- Health care, including domestic partner and family coverage, across medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Life insurance, including domestic partner and dependent coverage
- Outdoor experience days in addition to Paid Time Off (vacation, holiday and personal time)
- Discounts on L.L.Bean merchandise and Outdoor Discovery School adventures
- Employee Store
- Equipment loan program from the Employee Use Room
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to L.L.Bean cabins and tent sites at Rangeley Lake for personal use