*This position can be remote or onsite.
Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
Located in Menlo Park, CA, Personalis’ genome analysis and interpretation services will help clinical researchers and physicians use genome sequence data to help elucidate underlying disease mechanisms, improve the diagnosis of genetic disorders, guide treatment and drug choice, and anticipate and prevent diseases. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Data Management Software Engineer to join our Team.
As part of the overall Operations Informatics group, you will be a key member of a team of engineers and analysts, working to develop a highly automated lab and achieve a substantially shorter sample turnaround time. Due to the large volumes of sequence and analysis data that are produced, automating the management of the life cycle of this data is a critical aspect of our operations. The position reports to the Manager for Data Management.
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to design, development, and deploy improvements and extensions to the data management and archiving systems.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements, with a focus on:
- The development of policies relating to the retention and archiving of different types of data; and
- The implementation of automated solutions for managing the life cycle of generated data.
- Work with scientific project managers to deliver data for customer projects, using a mix of cloud-based solutions and physical media.
- Provide maintenance and support for data management and archiving operations.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biology, Physics, or a related field, plus 3 years of work experience (junior) or 6 years of work experience (senior); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent with at least one programming language, with a strong preference for Python.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Experience with HPC environments.
- Experience with cloud computing environments, e.g. AWS, GCP.
- Database design and development experience, preferably with PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Detail-oriented work style.
- Collaborative approach to identifying problems and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with lab scientists on software development projects.
- Basic familiarity with NGS data sets and analysis tools, with a preference for the Illumina platform.
- Experience with developing and supporting software in a regulated environment, e.g. CLIA, CAP, etc.
- Experience supporting high throughput lab information systems in a production environment.
- Familiarity with industry software development procedures, in particular Agile development strategies.
- Experience with business process analysis.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
- Experience in data visualization.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.