- Project Management: Manages small to medium size projects. Develops and executes project plans. Provides project reporting to project sponsor under guidance of higher level resource.
- Meta Data Repository: Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Defines meta data structures for information repository and performs model management.
- Data Design (logical): Analyzes business information requirements and translates these into logical database designs. Collaborates with physical database designers to develop alternative solutions for meeting complex and conflicting requirements. Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Participates in model integration and convergence activities.
- Database Development (physical): Develops, tests and implements the organization's physical databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments.
- Database Performance: Provides support to Lead in capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning. Develops performance/tuning evaluation reports.
- Communications: Communicates business/information models to clients, developers and database designers. Communicates database designs to data analyst and application programming staff.
- Technology Evaluation: Researches and evaluates alternative database solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the project, ensuring consistency with enterprise direction.
- Methodologies and Standards: Recommends development of or adoption/incorporation of new methodologies and standards for supporting information management.
- Database Management and Support Tools: Implements, configures and customizes database management and support tools.
- Client Consulting: Consults with clients and development areas in the design and implementation of small to medium projects. Consults with clients to determine information management requirements.
- Training/Mentoring: Provides direction, guidance, and technical support to clients, applications, and operations areas. Develops technical and analytical skills of lower level resources.
- Data Transformation: Designs, develops and tests complex transformation extract s and load routines.
- Database Maintenance: Provides second level diagnosis and resolution of database problems. Works with vendor personnel, if necessary, to achieve timely solutions of database problems. Escalates as necessary and provides problem resolutions.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience in design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
Experience in performing User Acceptance Testing
Ability to create test plans, test cases and test scripts
Document, create and review defects with cross functional teams
Proficient in TOAD, Excel and Rational Tool
Job Number: 729964