As a Data Management Platform (DMP) Manager on the Marketing Technology team you’ll be helping Hertz marketers leverage their disparate data assets and DMP solutions to power their marketing efforts. This position will help with leading the implementation and optimization of DMPs to execute cross-channel consumer and programmatic campaigns. The DMP manager will drive the evolution of audience management and targeting and support the aggregation of first, second & third-party audience data from cross-channel marketing efforts and manage the DMP to support the execution of paid media campaigns and other digital marketing campaigns. You will champion the use of the DMP within the marketing organization across brands to drive adoption of the DMP and other platforms to advance the targeting sophistication of digitalcampaigns, help manage the intersection of robust 1st party data with newly available 3rd party data, and partner with the paid media team and our agency to enhance cross channel targeting
- Lead customer DMP platform solution implementations and help Hertz stand up on DMP, operationalize and facilitate utilization
- Assist in onboarding 1st by leveraging various onboarding tools such as Liveramp
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for DMP implementation, data taxonomy configuration and digital tracking
- Champion audience targeting practices and audience-first thinking within Marketing, provide a consultative approach to Digital Optimization and Marketing Managers responsible for brand building, engagement and acquisition campaigns.
- Oversee various campaigns and their performance through the DMP
- Analyze internal, external or integrated audience data and information to identify insights that support business decision and initiatives, from planning phases through activation
- Develop advanced customer segmentation strategies and use segmentation to build audiences in partnership with paid media teams, target and find those customers (and similar customers using lookalike modeling) across marketing channels
- Partner with Paid Media, Agency teams to develop testing capabilities across DMP segments, including test structures, deployment and analysis.
- Collaborate with media partners to configure, test, and validate destinations (social, display, rich media, targeting platforms) to send segments for audience activation
- Identify opportunities to scale 1st party data use and enhance audience effectiveness
- Facilitate new integrations within and outside of the platform with digital vendors and internal data warehouses to enhance audience capabilities
- Oversee DMP segment intake process and platform permissions
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal issues (GDPR, etc.) around data privacy and security, data ingestion etc.
- Provide data-oriented support and training on systems, procedures, best practices, related to data providers and quality
- Participate in DMP roadmap development including requesting new features and capability enhancements and track to completion and activation, keeping Optimization team members and stakeholders aware of product updates
- Oversee all performance analysis for campaigns run through the DMP
- Manage day-to-day relationships with technology partners, data providers, and activation teams
Targeted Start Date: January 2019
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education and experience
- Strong analysis skills including skills to rapidly learn new data assets
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in a quantitative business environment
- 3+ years’ experience with marketing platforms, data and file management, digital advertising technology (CRM, CDP, DSP, SSP, Ad Servers, real time bidding, ad exchanges) or digital media planning, buying, or operations roles
- 3+ years’ experienceworking with a Data Management Platform’s such as BlueKai, Krux/Salesforce DMP (preferred), Lotame etc.
- DMP certifications preferred
- Understanding of various marketing cloud tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud etc. is a plus
- Experience in data management and reporting tools and business intelligence and data visualization skills (desired). Knowledge on digital media analytics (ex. site analytics, search, display, mobile) using digital data (Ex. Google, Adobe Analytics, DoubleClick etc.)
- Ability to work in matrix environment and to serve as individual and team contributor, leading projects and initiatives
- Experience managing both internal and external partner relationships with strong influence management skills
- Experience with digital data onboarding technologies such as Datalogix, LiveRamp, Tealium etc.
- Understanding different parts of a customer journey, and how to influence the consumer across paid/owned channels
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.