Purpose of Job
The Enterprise Information Management team is looking to fill a role of Lead Information Management Analyst. This role will be responsible for consulting and advising others in the lines of business or other technology teams on how to implement Information Management practices.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below:
Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata.
Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk.
Data Security and Privacy includes managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GBLA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc.
Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.Job Requirements
- Leverages expert data management knowledge to support in one or many of the information management functions.
- Tasks may include any of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements Lead discussions with cross-functional teams on complex problems
- Oversee alignment of best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Metadata and Data Quality Support
- metadata repository maintenance, access requests, and proper metadata association Review, validate, and record metadata and data quality information.
- Development of definitions, data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development, monitoring data quality results, reports and dashboards for high risk issues.
- Define and oversee high risk data quality corrective action plans.
- Oversee data quality compliance assessment process.
- Information Lifecycle Management
- Oversee archiving and purging activities of data
- Develop archiving and purging strategies and processes
- Oversee ILM compliance assessment process identifying items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Data Security and Privacy
- Manage Data Access security as needed
- Support Privacy initiatives through analysis of sensitive data
- Ensure sensitive data is accessed and shared in accordance to policies and processes.
- Master and Reference Data
- Develop Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards
- Create and maintain reference data in accordance to processes and procedures.
- Ensure quality and maintenance of master data.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline (4 years� work experience in data management, data quality or business application function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required)
- A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
- A PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
- Minimum Experience:
- 8 or more years of experience in one or more information management functions below and any relevant tools
- Data Quality including metrics, dashboards, advance knowledge of frequency and duplicate analysis, cross dataset dependencies, orphan `child data' rows, redundancy analysis, etc.
- Information Lifecycle Management including archiving, purging, content and document management
- Master and Reference Data
- Data Security & Privacy
- Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline PLUS 6 or more years of experience in a data management/quality analytic function
- Master's Degree and PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline PLUS 5 or more years� experience in a data management/quality analytic function
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.� This will take approximately 5 minutes.� Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- In depth understanding of most aspects of Data Governance and Management
- Experience working with technology teams to ensure Data Management practices are implemented
- Experience consulting with business executives and practitioners alike on Information/Data Governance and Stewardship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.