The Data Mgmt Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Assists in leading Finance, Risk, and FRSS efforts to provide accurate information of the highest quality to customers, shareholders and regulators, grounded in developing and instituting the most efficient production processes.
- Participates in defining and establishing appropriate data standards, understanding the data needs of regulatory and internal reporting, the acquisition of that data, the financial reconciliation and Data Quality measurement of that data and fixing issues at source through the Issue Management Resolution process and other transformation programs.
- Performs data analysis using MS Excel and other reporting tools
- Uses own analysis to resolve issues and make recommendations
- Prepares stakeholder updates and updates for team management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Develop expertise in GENESIS enterprise data warehouse and associated processes and tools
- 5-8 years' of experience
- Advanced Data Analyst skills using MS Excel and other reporting tools
- Familiarity with Banking products, including Loans and Money Markets products or Securitizations is preferred
- Project Management experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be proactive and motivated individual.
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience